Many women supplement biotin for the body to take care of long, soft, smooth, thick hair. But you must drink biotin properly to get the best effect.
Biotin has long been recommended to help smooth hair care, healthy hair, prevent hair loss for women, but if using biotin incorrectly, it will adversely affect the body. See how to drink Biotin properly below to know how to use the most scientific and logical biotin.
1, What is Biotin?
Biotin, also known as vitamin B7, or vitamin H, is a water-soluble vitamin, an important nutrient needed for metabolic, neurological, digestive, and cardiovascular functions. And recently, Biotin supplement is considered as the most effective solution to help care for healthy hair, overcome broken hair for women.
2, How to identify the body lacking Biotin:
There are no specific tests to detect whether the body has biotin deficiency, so this condition is usually determined by its symptoms, including weak hair (pale hair and heavy loss), rashes around the eyes, nose and mouth. Without Biotin, symptoms of the nervous system include depression, exhaustion, hallucinations and tingling in the arms and legs.
3, Effect of Biotin with hair:
Biotin is often used for hair loss, brittle nails, nerve damage and in some other specific cases but it is most commonly used with hair care.
Biotin helps synthesize keratin protein by reacting with cellular enzymes to make amino acids. Besides incorporating improved overall nutrition is the key to healthier, stronger and faster hair growth, Biotin has a huge role in producing healthy hair.
Biotin is a safe supplement as long as you use it at a prescribed dose. Most people who use it do not experience any side effects. In fact, improved hair quality and keratin horns were noted in those taking Biotin supplements. Biotin helps bring oxygen to cells in your scalp and follicles, keeping them healthy.
4, Daily intake of Biotin recommended:
According to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences, the recommended daily intake of Biotin is:
- 5 micrograms per day for babies
- 6-8 micrograms daily for children from 7 months to 3 years old
- 12–20 micrograms per day for children aged 4–13 years
- 25 micrograms for teenagers
- 30 micrograms for men and women over 19 years old
- 30 mg for pregnant women
- 35 mg for nursing women
Overall, Biotin is quite safe for most people when taken by mouth or in cosmetic products. Biotin is well absorbed by the body in the recommended dosage, in the case of taking biotin during pregnancy and lactation, it can still be safely used at the above level.
5, How to supplement biotin properly:
Through food to supplement biotin:
When you want to supplement Biotin safely and properly, using fresh food is the most effective, easily absorbed body. You just need to eat biotin-rich foods like eggs, beans, nuts, milk, whole grains and meat.
Supplements via capsules:
The most common method of using Biotin to stimulate hair growth is to supplement biotin through a pill. You should follow the doctor's instructions or ask at the store for advice on the most appropriate and safe dosage.
6, The best way to drink biotin:
You can use Biotin supplements at any time of the day, but it is best to take them after meals to absorb them best. In addition to taking Biotin according to the doctor's recommended dose, you should remember to incorporate:
- There's enough water in the body, drinking about 2 liters of water every day, because dehydration can reduce the level of Biotin in the body.
- Keep away from alcohol, smoking and drugs, they dehydrate our bodies, leading to a deficiency of Biotin.
- Avoid eating more than 2 eggs in 1 day.
- If this is the first time you take Biotin, start with a lower dose, then increase gradually.
- Biotin should be supplemented with other multivitamins to avoid any vitamin imbalance.
7, How often is Biotin taken? How long does it take to drink biotin?
Depending on the purpose of you, if you need to drink Biotin to take care of healthy hair, drink in 3-4 weeks will be effective and follow all or not based on the absorption and response status of each. As mentioned above, Biotin is a relatively safe vitamin, it is not detrimental to the body, including long-term use.
8, Side effects of Biotin:
But you should remember that Biotin should not arbitrarily supplement Biotin or use high doses of Biotin. Biotin is a safe vitamin, it still has some side effects when using Biotin overdose, such as:
- Using Biotin causes acne, using biotin will increase sebum production in the skin, causing an accumulation of dead skin, sebum and dirt, which can cause acne on the chin and jaw. Acne will decrease and go away completely after a few weeks of stopping taking Biotin.
- Biotin allergy may be encountered, although allergies are not so common but there are people who encounter it. Biotin allergic manifestations may experience nausea, swelling of the throat and face, rash of itchy rash, tightness, or pain in the chest. If you experience any of the above symptoms after taking biotin, you should see a doctor immediately.
- Pregnant women should avoid taking biotin at high doses. It is best to consult your doctor before taking biotin during pregnancy.
- May cause diarrhea, when you take Biotin overdose may also have abdominal pain and diarrhea.
- Biotin is not used for diabetics. A study has shown that biotin supplements are not recommended for people with diabetes because this vitamin increases the production of glucose and fatty acids in the body.
All of the above biotin side effects may sound scary, but it is rare and only occurs if you take Biotin overdose. Just be sure how to drink biotin correctly, you will have strong, soft, smooth hair that is extremely satisfying.
Wish you have a beautiful hair :)